The Department of History is renowned for its wide range of themes and methods in research and teaching. Affiliated to the central administrative team at the Department, the coordinator will work under the direction of the Digital History Lab Director in order to implement and develop the Department’s digital history agenda. In addition to the coordinator’s normal duties, there is the possibility to teach one or two BA-courses per year (single- or team-taught).
As coordinator of the Digital History Lab you will
• advise historians on the implementation of Digital History tools and methods for their projects
• organize workshops discussing theories and practices of Digital History, both as a historical topic and as a new research and teaching method
• co-develop Digital History courses and ideally teach on BA-level (if qualified)
• coordinate the new commission for Digital History at the Department of History
• MA-degree in History or another humanities discipline with direct relevance to the work of historians
• Work experience in university-based Digital History and Digital Humanities research projects
• Sufficient technical expertise as well as consulting skills and a willingness to undertake continued technical training
• Basic budget management experience and the ability to organize scholarly meetings and workshops
• Teaching experience at BA level and/or education in teacher-training (ideally)
• The ability to work in multiple teams with academic and administrative colleagues; to take intellectual and organizational initiative; to meet deadlines; to work in an agile management environment; to support colleagues in third-party funding applications
• Excellent German and English skills
• Varied work in a very dynamic and interesting environment
• The possibility to help establish the Digital History Lab and develop new skills
• Attractive working conditions
Employment start date is October 1 2020 or by mutual agreement. This is for a one-year contract with the possibility of a permanent contract extension.
Please submit your application by 12/08/2020. The application must contain a cover letter (motivation, skills, experience), a CV (including publications if relevant), certificates of Higher Education; full contact details of two referees (contactable in mid-August), and a portfolio detailing involvement in Digital History and/or Digital Humanities projects.
E-Mail address where the application has to be sent to: Ms. Edith Darnay (email@example.com)