KleioLab is a startup in Basel. We do "Engineering for Digital History". Out of passion and because we can. We are dynamic and creative, but also structured. Startup style.
Our product is Geovistory. A virtual research environment for the Humanities. Currently, we are looking for an intern who supports us in breaking our data-model into small packages (micro-profiles) and documents them. Micro-profiles contain a set of relevant classes (such as “person” or “geographical place”) that are needed to work on a specific research question. Users can activate micro-profiles within Geovistory in order to work on their research question.
Are you curious, eager to learn and do you want to take an insight look into an innovative company in the field of Digital Humanities?
• Master’s degree (or close to completion) in Humanities or Social Sciences, preferably in Digital Humanities or History.
• Advanced digital skills (for example experience with databases, GIS, video-editing software etc.)
• You speak and write in English (C1).
• Advantage: Flair for Digital Humanities and/or basic knowledge in ontologies.
• Learn about the world of Digital Humanities and ontologies.
• Plenty of room to bring in your ideas and contribute to shaping our product.
• Flexible working conditions. Great team and friendly working atmosphere.
Main tasks during internship
• In collaboration with domain experts, develop specifications for micro-profiles.
• Test and review micro-profiles within Geovistory.
• Document the micro-profiles with text and videos.
Note on workplace
KleioLab is currently working remotely with minimal presence in its office in Basel (Switzerland). The internship would most likely take place via remote work. Depending on individual preferences and if the sanitary situation allows, on-site work in Basel can be envisaged.
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.