The Alimentarium Food Museum in Vevey, a Nestlé Foundation, is a unique cultural institution and has been exploring the many aspects of food and nutrition for over 35 years. To find out more about the Alimentarium, click on https://www.alimentarium.org.
As Curator of Humanities, you will contribute to the development of the Museum’s content and exhibitions from the perspective of human culture and according to the short, medium, and long-term strategic plans for the Alimentarium. You will also establish the strategy for developing the Museum’s collection and interact on collaborative projects with academic and cultural entities.
Your main tasks:
• Development and validation of content related to humanities, history, and food culture for the permanent and temporary exhibitions in the actual Museum and as part of its eMuseum
• Production, curation, and implementation of content related to the Museum’s exhibitions, the eMuseum, the website, and the digital development of the Museum
• Coordination with external service providers for the creation of innovative content
• Devising a strategy for the management and development of the Museum’s collection; responsibility for acquisitions
• Supervision of various tasks related to collection management, including restoration and inventories of objects in the Museum’s collection
• Contributing to the sustainability of the Museum’s cultural programme, and to audience development
• Updating content on the Museum’s website and on digital stations in the exhibition
• Liaising with academia to develop collaborative projects and conferences.
• University degree in humanities (anthropology, history, geography...)
• Professional experience in a museum as well as in the digital domain
• Excellent writing skills
• Strong interest in the fields of food and nutrition
• Autonomy, sense of responsibility, ability to work in a team
• Languages: proficiency in English and French, German is an asset
Would you like to join our team as soon as possible? If so, please send your complete dossier to firstname.lastname@example.org.