The doctoral program at the Institute of History and Theory of Architecture (gta), ETH Zurich, offers
two fellowship positions
to start on 1 October 2021. This program focuses on the history and theory of architecture and urbanism in a wider context of cultural history, including the history and theory of art, science and technology.
The tasks of the scholarship holders of the doctoral program include the following:
• Continuing education within and outside their field of research
• Active participation in the teaching activities of the department
• Contributions to curricular and extra-curricular events and projects, scientific dissemination, conferences and workshops
• The independent completion of a research project in the form of a dissertation under the supervision of a professor
We are seeking junior researchers with a background in the history and theory of architecture and art or architects with research experience. Suitable candidates hold a university diploma or master’s degree in architecture, history of art or related fields and can demonstrate excellent research and writing skills.
We especially invite female candidates to apply for this fellowship.
Submission deadline: 5 February 2021, 23:59 CET
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents:
• Letter of motivation;
• Curriculum vitae;
• Contact details for two academic references (contacts only, please; no letters will be accepted);
• Outline of a research project to be completed during the fellowship
Application requirements regarding content and formatting are provided by this link:
Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
If you have any further questions (no applications) please email Dr. Irina Davidovici:
For general information on working and studying at ETH, please refer to this link: