swisspeace is a practice-oriented peace research institute. It analyses the causes of violent conflicts and develops strategies for their peaceful transformation. swisspeace contributes to the improvement of conflict prevention and conflict transformation by producing innovative research, shaping discourses on international peace policy, developing and applying new peacebuilding tools and methodologies, supporting and advising other peace actors, as well as by providing and facilitating spaces for analysis, discussion, critical reflection and learning.
To support its Policy and Platform Program and its team coordinating the Swiss Platform for Peacebuilding KOFF, swisspeace is looking for an
Intern - KOFF
Starting date: 20 January 2020 (or by agreement)
Duration: 6 months
Gross salary per month: CHF 1,500 (100%)
The swisspeace Policy and Platform Program hosts the Swiss Platform for Peacebuilding KOFF, which is a dialogue and exchange network facilitated by swisspeace, connecting Swiss state and non-state actors active in peacebuilding.
• Thematic, administrative and logistical support to the Head of KOFF
• Assist with the planning and organization of KOFF roundtables, master classes and other meetings and events within the KOFF platform
• Support the internal and external KOFF communication (writing minutes, short texts and documents)
• Support the administration and updating of the KOFF website
• BA (higher degrees will not be accepted) in international relations, social sciences or similar disciplines
• Proficiency in English, German and French (C1 or C2); good command of Spanish is an asset
• Basic experience in working with websites and social media
• First experience in working in NGOs and/or platforms related to international cooperation, peacebuilding, human rights or development is an asset
• A challenging internship in an attractive field of work with political relevance
• Possibility to work independently and as part of a team and to develop your own ideas
• Opportunity to demonstrate your excellent organizational, communication and writing skills
• A variety of challenging and exciting tasks, e.g. work with websites and social media
• A positive working atmosphere in a dynamic and international team
• Good working conditions and attractive work place in Bern, Switzerland
We look forward to receiving your complete application in English, including motivation letter, CV, work certificates and diplomas in PDF format by 4 December 2019. Interviews will take place on 9 December 2019. Please send your application to email@example.com mentioning ‘Intern KOFF’ in the subject line. More information can be found at www.swisspeace.ch and koff.swisspeace.ch or received via telephone at +41 31 330 12 12.